Yokis Radio Bus
The Radio Bus consists of several Yokis receivers connected to one another. It allows sending control inputs to the receivers and actuating devices through the receivers. It is the equivalent of a driver wire or a field bus, except it operates wirelessly.
The proper operation of the Yokis solution is ensured by the appropriate density of receivers in the room, home or building. It is necessary to ensure that each receiver is within the range of the receiver(s) it is connected to. At times it may be necessary to add some receivers to act as repeaters in order to ensure that all modules are connected.
Architecture and setup of the Yokis Radio Bus
Setting up the receivers
- 1.CONNECT THE RECEIVERS TO ONE ANOTHER
- – Connect the receivers to a 230V power supply, and then connect them to one another to set up a “Radio Bus”.
- – Each radio receiver is assigned a bus address to which the transmitters will send On/Off or Open/Close commands, and so on.
- – Each receiver can be connected to up to 7 other receivers
- – To ensure connection availability, the Radio Bus can be arranged in a loop configuration.
Setting up the transmitters
- 2.ESTABLISH A DIRECT CONNECTION between a transmitter and one of the Radio Bus receivers
- First, connect the transmitter to one of the receivers to enable it to access the bus. Choose the receiver located nearest to the transmitter
- 3.CONFIGURE the commands to be sent over the Radio Bus IN THE TRANSMITTERS
- The commands to be sent need to be configured in the transmitters:
- – Set the destination of the command sent (a certain receiver, room or area, all receivers…)
- – Set the type of controlled device (light, window shutter, …)
- – Set the desired action (switch on/off, open, close,…)
Connecting the receivers to configure a Yokis Radio Bus
On the first receiver: there is a button at the bottom of the Connect hole, press it once. The LED will start blinking quickly for 30 seconds, indicating that it is waiting for a connection.
WHILE the LED is blinking, press the button at the bottom of the Connect hole of the receiver to be connected once using the tip of a pencil. If the connection is established successfully, the LED will stop blinking. Repeat these steps to connect more receivers (unlimited number allowed).